Software & System Security
The Software & System Security major is run by the IT Faculty at Université de Rennes 1.
Students enrolled for this major complete a Master’s in Computer Science, Cybersecurity track.
The selection of this major is made at the beginning of the academic year.
With this major, students are trained to become cybersecurity specialists and manage information system infrastructure security projects, develop security applications, and carry out technical security audits.This is an innovative programme which focuses on software, system, and network security.
Training programme objectives
Subjects such as security, reverse engineering, network and protocol security, cryptography, and security management are studied in detail to steer students towards jobs such as security engineers or security researchers.
The first year of the Master’s concentrates on reviewing IT system design. Syllabus: object-oriented analysis and design, compilation, project management, and a software development project.
In the second year, students specialise in system infrastructure security.
- Master operating system, network and protocol security
- Secure information system infrastructures
- Develop security applications
- Carry out technical security audits
- Understand and anticipate cybersecurity threats
- Expertise in environmental vulnerabilities (cyberdefense)
A comprehensive, interdisciplinary programme which focuses on digital security issues and includes mathematics, digital technologies and sciences, and human and social sciences.Consult the study programme
Students who choose this major are able to take their second Master’s year as a work-study programme option, either through an apprenticeship or a professional-training contract.Read more
• Post graduates enter the work force as information system infrastructure security specialists and are recruited in positions where they design, create, and ensure the robustness and the security of complex IT architectures.
• CyberSchool has solid research links enable students to continue their studies to PhD level.
Université de Rennes 1 is unique in that it offers programmes in all cybersecurity subjects with its partners in Rennes and the Pôle d’excellence cyber.