The goal of this course is to introduce students to the design and programming of embedded hardware.
- Embedded CPU architectures
- Embedded compiler toolchains
- I/O peripherals and memory system
- Introduction to Digital Signal Processing
- Power management techniques
- High performance embedded computing
Computer architecture, embedded systems, high performance computing, C programming, Operating Systems.
- Computer Organisation and Design: The Hardware/Software Interface (5th edition), by David A Patterson and John L. Hennessy, 2013
- Embedded Systems with ARM Cortex-M Microcontrollers in Assembly Language and C (3rd edition), by Yifeng Zhu, 2017
- Making Embedded Systems: Design Patterns for Great Software, by Elecia White, 2011
Teaching team biography
Steven Derrien is a researcher professor at the University of Rennes 1. His research focuses on high level synthesis compiler technique, FPGA accelerator design and power efficient computing in general. Steven Derrien carries out his research with IRISA.
Simon Rokicki is an assistant professor at ENS Rennes. His research is focused on dynamic compilation, embedded systems and high-level synthesis. Simon Rokicki carries out his research with IRISA.